The Sony VAIO T Series SVT14124CXS is one of the good deals touch screen ultrabook out there. As we seen in the market, generally the ultrabook price tag has a bit pricey than the standard mid-range notebook. Because the ultrabook comes with design in mind, it is more convenient on the go; in other words, it is more priority to portability function. However, Sony VAIO T Series comes with middle prices without eliminating the ultrabook design, even has a touch screen feature.
Main Technical Details Sony VAIO T Series (SVT14124CXS)
- Operating System: Windows ® 8 64-bit
- Display: 14-inch LED backlighting (1366 x 768 resolution) with capacitive touch display
- Processor: Intel ® Core i3-3227U
- Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz of installed DDR3 RAM (Fixed onboard memory); 8 GB maximum
- Graphic: Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Storage: 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD + 24 GB SSD
- Webcam: 1.3 MP powered by Exmor with integrated microphone
- Wireless & Network: Wi-Fi adapter Atheros® WB225 (802.11b/g/n); Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000); Bluetooth Standard (4.0 + HS)
- I/O Ports: 1 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0, 1 HDMI Port, 1 VGA output, 1 Secure Digital memory card slot (compatible with MMC cards), Memory Stick Duo slot, Headphone output
- Dimension: 13.58″ (W) x 0.87″ (H) x 9.39″ (D)
- Color: Sliver
- Price Range: $674.00 – $799.99
View Real-time Price Sony VAIO SVT14124CXS HERE
These Sony VAIO T Series SVT14124CXS Ultrabook comes with low-power Ivy Bridge processor; Intel ® Core i3-3227U that has 2 cores, 4 threads and 1900 MHz (1.9 GHz) speed frequency. This processor also comes with 3 MB Level 3 cache memory and only 17 Watt TDP. This fast enough processor to support an ultrabook for multi-tasks performance but does not have turbo boost. To handling programs, applications and standard games that required DirectX 11, this Ultrabook has integrated Intel Graphics 4000 and armed with DDR 3 1600 MHz as well as on the others Ivy Bridge Ultrabook. The memory can be upgradable up to 8 GB, for notice this Sony laptop has 4GB DDR onboard installed. The display runs at 1366 x 768 pixels (native HD 720p) resolution. The screen is a glossy, so it perfect for indoor use not for the road-warrior. Nevertheless, on the other side, this LED backlights good to improve the battery life because it is low power consumption. In addition, it has comes with capacitive touchscreen, more responsive that support multi-touch features.
14-Inch display it seem perfect for an Ultrabook on the go. This Sony VAIO T Series has weight around 4.63 lbs included the battery. Even the weight is a bit heavy than the standard ultrabook, but this portable machine has slim design with thickness less than 1-Inch include with an optical drive.
- Budget-friendly and Reasonable price tag based on specs and price ratio
- Ivy Bridge Processor with Intel Core i3
- Hybrid Hard Drive
- Fast Boot time, it takes around 15 seconds thanks to Hybrid Hard Drive
- Capacitive touchscreen features for multi-touch that is more responsive, perfect for finger-friendly Windows 8.
- Rapid Wake technology feature for instant resume
- Optical drive included
- 1-year limited hardware warranty, and 1-year of toll-free telephone technical assistance (international service availability)
- Battery life is a slightly below the average standard ultrabook
- Glossy screen, a bit glare if use at strong lighting’s environment
- The touchpad is not fun for scrolling; seem this is not a big problem; you can use an USB mouse
- Only two USB ports
Indeed this Ultrabook not high performance machine but it has some premium features that worth to be considering. It more suitable for light computing task and if the price point is so important, this Sony VAIO T Series SVT14124CXS is a one of the great value for an entry-level Windows® 8 touchscreen ultrabook with budget-friendly.